Saturday, September 24, 2011

First post of new blog!

Introduction: In 1995 I started buying bales of vintage kimono and re-selling them. They are pretty tiny, but some people bought them to wear, and some just for the fabric. I started getting requests, mostly from men, who wanted larger garments for martial arts, re-enacting, other pursuits that required proper, formal Japanese garments. Also my son had taken up an obscure martial art, Iaido, and required hakama. This all eventually led to doing a Folkwear pattern (#151) which was very gratifying! Now, I 'm working on creating period garments for 1:6 scale dolls (including mandolls), and I'd like to share what I've learned with others. I also have a small collection of traditional Japanese dolls for inspiration, and I will be putting up their pictures as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment